Many people receive domiciliary care at home, however this isn’t the only option. You could also consider employing your own carer or personal assistant through My Care My Home. We offer a Live In Care service that allows you to choose your own carer. This service allows you to personally choose who delivers your care and when. This also ensures continuity as you will always work with the same dedicated carer or carers who you’ve chosen.
With this unique take on traditional care within the home you are the employer, while we manage all aspects of the recruitment process including:
- Job descriptions and advertisement
- Shortlisting applicants
- Arranging and conducting interviews with you in your own home
- Appropriate background checks such as references and a DBS
- Ongoing payroll (PAYE) and monitoring services
- Monthly visits to monitor the performance of your carer(s) to ensure you are happy with the service you are receiving.
There are several advantages to employing your own carer/personal assistant directly, including:
- You have the same carer(s) consistently who you have chosen yourself. You like their manner and personality and are confident in their competence.
- Their loyalty is to you as their employer. They’re committed to you and your welfare at all times.
- The pay they receive from you may be higher than that received from a Care Agency. This can attract carers with more experience and/or higher qualifications.
- You can agree with them just exactly when and how you want your care delivered, what tasks and duties you want them to do, and how you would like them to deliver it.
The service requires a minimum of 10-15 hours of care to be delivered per week, and can also be provided for Live-In care which can be a 24/7 service. Please contact us for more information.