My Care My Home are establishing a register of Live-In Care/Personal Assistants ready to meet the needs of our clients under our live-in care services in Wigan.
Opportunities are for live-in care positions and you will be assisting our clients to maintain their independence, along with fulfilling their wishes to remain in their own home.
If you are interested in joining our register and have the required care or support experience, we want to hear from you!
Duties could include
• Supervision and support with personal care such as washing and dressing.
• Assisting with medication – this could be collecting prescriptions, prompting or administering medication.
• Meals and drinks preparations, including food shopping.
• Support with light domestic duties such as cleaning, tidying, and laundry.
• Accessing the community e.g. attending social events or medical appointments.
• Companionship and overseeing their general welfare.
The ideal candidate
• Positive, dedicated, and caring; confident in their ability and able to deliver person centred care and support.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and working relationship skills.
• Ability to work alone as well as part of a team; using own initiative when needed.
• Ability to provide companionship as well as delivering care.
• Someone who enjoys spending time with older people and who is able to relate to their needs, interests, and life experiences.
• Reliable, dependable and committed to make a difference to our service.
What previous experience is needed?
As well as having a range of life experiences supporting and spending time with older people, we are looking for someone with a minimum of 2+ years of direct care experience either within people’s own homes or a residential/nursing setting. Live-In Care experience is essential due to the nature of the role.
A full pre-employment and suitability checking service will be completed by My Care My Home, which will include enhanced DBS / criminal record checking and references.
Suitability/Screening days will be held in Wigan, dates to be confirmed.
If you have any questions or queries, please contact Louise on 0800 731 8470.